How to Prevent Conflict in Groups
This course is for you if:
- You are a group leader who wants to prevent wasteful and destructive conflict
- You are worried about conflicts in your own life
- You want some simple techniques to prevent and reduce conflict
- You want to teach others about preventing conflict
- You know how costly conflict and be and want to reduce costs
- You want to improve functioning and effectiveness of your group
- You want to show credibility with a Certificate of Completion
What you will learn
- How to clarify stuff upfront – to prevent misunderstandings and resentments later.
- How to invest in prevention – to build goodwill and help reduce tensions.
- How to talk and listen – specific techniques for true understanding and problem solving.
- How to remember your choices – to establish boundaries and find personal peace even in the midst of conflict.
- How to keep it contained – to not make the conflict bigger or more destructive.
What you will get
This course has 14 videos, several explanations of practical tips, and 5 steps for how to talk with an adversary. One of the videos explains meeting ground rules specifically designed to prevent conflict.
PLUS, get Together We Decide
With the purchase of this course, you will also get Together We Decide, An Essential Guide for Making Good Group Decisions for 33% off. Get the Hardcover edition with free shipping, or the Kindle or Nook edition. Your choice.
And, get certified
Get officially certified in How to Prevent Conflict in a Group and receive a Certificate of Completion which documents your investment and demonstrates your credibility to others.
How conflict prevention is different from conflict management or resolution
Why prevention is your best investment
Clarify Stuff Upfront
Why defining the problem is critical
Avoiding the trap of mismatched expectations
Six meeting ground rules to prevent conflict
Invest in Prevention
The value of taking initiative
Why deposits are more important than withdrawals
Talk and Listen
Why there has to be a way to talk
How to start a hard conversation
How to listen to your enemies, and why it’s critical
Remember Your Choices
How conflict is accelerated or minimized by our own choices
The value of establishing boundaries
How to find personal peace in the midst of conflict
Keep it Contained
How to not spread conflict
How treat people with respect and support
When to act on a conflict and when not to
Encouragement to practice